Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Smile..

Desperately needing a cheer after a blasting from my boss (and expecting another one after he's done with the meeting), I decided to be stubborn and began reading old blogs of friends instead of working. I randomly reached Aparna's blog and while going through her ancient posts, came across this one.

Its a copy paste but made me smile, hope it has a similar effect on you..

Take a few minutes and read these. Think about them one at a time BEFORE going on to
the next one.........

> Falling in love.
> Laughing so hard your face hurts.
> A hot shower.
> No lines at the Super Wal-Mart.
> A special glance.
> Getting mail.
> Taking a drive on a pretty road.
> Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
> Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
> Hot towels out of the dryer.
> Chocolate milkshake. (or vanilla!)
> A long distance phone call.
> A bubble bath.
> Giggling.
> A Good conversation.
> The beach.
> Finding a $20 bill (or $100) in your coat from last winter.
> Laughing at yourself.
> Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
> Running through sprinklers.
> Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
> Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
> Laughing at an inside joke.
> Friends.
> Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
> Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
> Your first kiss.
> Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
> Playing with a new puppy.
> Having someone play with your hair.
> Sweet dreams.
> Hot chocolate.
> Road trips with friends.
> Swinging on swings.
> Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.
> Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without feeling stupid.
> Going to a really good concert.
> Winning a really competitive game.
> Making chocolate chip cookies.
> Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
> Spending time with close friends.
> Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends.
> Holding hands with someone you care about.
> Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
> Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
> Watching the ex-pression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
> Watching the sunrise.
> Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day.

12 comments:

Sangfroid said...

True :-)
hope it didn't get too bad after the meeting.

busy-writer said...

sure made me smile :)


P.S-it got me into the cribbin mood too tho. :D :P :( hehe.

ani said...

sunshine on a rainy day! :)

Pointblank said...

hey.. this one really made me smile! tat came naturally. so should be thanking u or Aparna;)

hey.. even I do the same thing, esplyu when I feel tta I being made to slog, I just while away time doing nothing!somekinda ego massage!

Impressionist said...

Loved this post! :D

-I

Occasional Brilliance said...

ive seen this particular forward many times... but they always make me smile...

hope your feeling better now...

Sam said...

Sangfroid, It got worse and I jsut hope that I don't get immune to it!! :P

Busy-Writer, Am glad it did the former.. but why the latter??

Ani, Bullseye!! :)

Pointblank, Thank Aparna!! :) And yeh, I guess our generation is the cheeky lot!! ;)

Impressionist, Am happy it did.. :)

Impressionist said...

oh btw and about my palindrome thingy!
email me. Which part of the poem didnt u understand? or was it thre whole poem itself?
There is nothing much n it actually!
Its just the reading part.
U have to be careful thats all. If u read each line separately it will definitely not make any sense!!

-I

Unknown said...

So what amongst these mentioned made you smile?

Hope all's well..??

Sam said...

Bubbles, I know!! And am better than fine, my boss off on a leave for a couple of days!! :D

J, Mostly they all have at one point or the other..The last one was the comment from you and Sangfroid on my previous post!! :D
And am doing good, refer to the reasoning mentioned to Bubbles.. ;)

Anonymous said...

i shall not take any credit, it was a fwd :) which made sense.

Unknown said...

yeh yeh... I know. If it weren't for people like us, this world would've been far more worse ;)